Getting married in Spain

Please always check the details below with the local authorities in Spain or with the Spanish embassy.

Civil weddings in Spain are very complicated as they now require you to have been resident in Spain for at least 2 years before the wedding. If you are a resident in Spain the documents that you need for a civil wedding are as follows.

As an alternative to a civil wedding in Spain many couples are first having a civil wedding in their country of residence, as once they have signed the papers to make the marriage legal they then come to Spain to have a blessing ceremony.

A wedding blessing is really the best option. The ceremony with all your friends and family present can be religious or non religious as you prefer. Your minister or celebrant (MulberryDays) then works closely with you to make a truly memorable ceremony.

Thanks to Alhambra weddings for information regarding legalities (